About Wyllie & Henderson
The Firm was originally founded in 1903 by J W Wyllie Esq from premises at Royal Bank Building, 4 Kinnoull Street, Perth.
In addition to his role of a prominent local Solicitor, J W Wyllie undertook the Secretariat of Perthshire Agricultural Society, playing a leading part in organising the Annual Shows. Indeed, Mr Wyllie’s business had a strong connection with the local farming community which he had been brought up in, ties which have been maintained to this day by Wyllie & Henderson. A keen golfer, Mr Wyllie was, for some years, Captain of Craigie Hill Golf Club in Perth.
Mr Wyllie was subsequently joined in practice by J T Henderson Esq, Solicitor, who was assumed as a Partner in 1929, the Firm becoming J W Wyllie & Henderson.
Mr Henderson also acted as Secretary to Perthshire Agricultural Society continuing the Firm’s strong ties with the farming community.
After 103 years of legal practice at Royal Bank Building, 4 Kinnoull Street, Perth, the Firm moved, in January 2006, to new bespoke Office premises at Market Chambers, Caledonian Road, Perth giving the Firm a prominent location on the perimeter of the thriving City Centre of Perth. At that time, the Firm name changed to Wyllie & Henderson.
The present Partners of the Firm are Ian K Lindsay who first joined the Firm as a Trainee Solicitor in 1983 and was subsequently assumed a Partner in 1988 and Angela L Scott who joined the Firm in May 2005 and was assumed as a Partner of the Firm on 1st July 2007.
The Partners are ably supported by a team of qualified support staff, including Law Accountants and Paralegals.
With a firmly established history in local legal practice, Wyllie & Henderson look to the future by retaining their sense of tradition coupled with a modern and forward looking approach.
Get in Touch
Use the button below to contact us with any questions about our services.